How to Apply
Although we continue to consider applications beyond the deadline, prospective students are encouraged to apply by the deadline to secure financial aid and teaching positions. Interested candidates for admission to our program should explore the Graduate College website, contact us with any questions you may have, and then fill out the online application. We welcome applications from both domestic and international students with a strong background in the French language and French Studies. Minimum requirements for admission include a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and the completion of a bachelor’s degree in French or its equivalent.
Note: The GRE is not required.
Applicants must submit:
- a curriculum vitae
- a statement of purpose written in French, 500 words minimum, 1000 words maximum in length to provide any information that you believe will help us evaluate your application. Be sure to address the following points: • Your personal and/or educational background, particularly as it relates to French • Your reasons for wishing to pursue MA studies in French • The particular reasons for your interest in the University of Arizona -- why are our programs particularly well-suited to your interests? • Your future plans.
- a recording in French (see instructions on the application page)
- For PMA applicants only: an additional statement of purpose written in English, 500 words minimum, 1000 words maximum in length to address your academic training and experience in the specific professional emphasis (Business Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Journalism, Collaborative Governance) you are applying for.
- three letters of recommendation
- transcripts of all post-secondary course work.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit a minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 550 paper based (PB) or 79 internet based (iBT), or a composite score of 7 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). International Students who have completed two years of full-time academic study in an English-speaking country may be exempted from this requirement for admission.
We encourage candidates for admission to apply by February 15 to be competitive for financial aid and teaching positions; however, we will continue to review application materials until all openings have been filled. If you have questions, please consult our F.A.Q.: https://arizona.box.com/s/flxc9d0f8m0muy8srk22mevmxj8clpey